I am Frances and I was born in Beijing, moved to Japan in 1992 and to the United Kingdom in 1997. I have worked as an educator, a real-estate consultant and a visa consultant but my passion has always been History, Arts and Culture. So becoming a Blue Badge Guide was a great way for me to turn my passion into my profession. As your guide I can show you all the wonderful things that make my 2nd mother city, London, and my home, the United Kingdom, such a colourful, wonderful, exciting and interesting place to visit.
My guiding style is easy-going but knowledgeable. I can share lots of details with you but also give you the big picture. I can show you the highlights or the special things only real Londoners know. I can give you a quick tour if you are in a hurry or a longer and detailed one if you are interested in one of my specialities.
You will find that I am easy to talk to, flexible in my tours, open to your wishes and happy to share my enthusiasm and knowledge with you.
Personal interests and specialities
There is plenty in London I love to show you and tell you about, such as
- The Royal Family, its history and palaces;
- The British Museum, the National Gallery and other great Museums, their art and exhibitions;
- Exciting architecture from London’s Roman Walls, to Gothic Cathedrals like Westminster abbey, Baroque architecture like St. Paul’s Cathedral , Norman castle’s like the Tower of London and famous old and modern markets;
- British history in London and surroundings;
- London’s ties with Europe, Asia and the World;
Almost too much to mention! But I also love London’s great Parks and Gardens, from Hyde Park to Crystal Palace, from the Olympic Park to Regent Park.
Join me on a City Walk, or a Thames River walk, or perhaps a stroll through Royal Gardens with a delicious English high-tea at the finish!